Welcome to the CDC Parent's Corner! Please click on a topic to read more about it!
Don't forget to watch for your center's Dental Days!
Click here to view our open positions!
CDC is hiring in Erie and Venango counties!
Please review this section throughout the year for other important dates.
Upcoming Events and Screenings
Download this month's menu!
View school calendars by county!
Please also review the "Upcoming Events and Screenings" section throughout the year for other important dates.
Don't forget to join your center's private group!
Head Start Parent Committee
This is a great way to get involved in your child’s education! Each of our Head Start locations has its own Parent Committee to help our team gain valuable feedback on the program.
These groups are exclusive to parents of currently enrolled children at each center and have three primary responsibilities:
- To advise staff on creating program policies, activities, and services.
- To plan and participate in programs and activities for parents and staff.
- To assist with the recruitment and screening of Head Start employees based on the guidelines created by our Board of Directors.
All parents of Head Start children are automatically eligible to join Parent Committee and there’s a role for everyone!
If you are interested in joining, please contact your Family Engagement Specialist today!
Click here to read CDC's Health News Minute newsletter!
Here are some resources to help make dental exams less scary and brushing more fun!
Dental Health Resources
CDC Dental Exam Forms:
- Coming soon!
- More Information:
- Proper Brushing and Exam Tips:
- Baby Teeth:
- Making a Fun and Healthy Routine:
- Food and Drink Choices:
Please review all videos and apps prior to sharing them with your child to make sure they are appropriate for your household.
- Coming soon!
If you would like to help us spread the word about what we do, please share your #CDCstory!
- Asbury CDC -
- Cascade CDC -
- Century CDC -
- Downtown CDC-
- Elk Valley CDC -
- Gilson CDC -
- Roosevelt CDC - (Coming soon!)
Please check this area for child-related product recalls. For a full list of recalls, you can visit cpsc.gov/Recalls.
January 2023 Recalls:
- Fisher-Price Reannounces Recall of 4.7 Million Rock ‘n Play Sleepers; At Least Eight Deaths Occurred After Recall
- Kids2 Reannounces Recall of 694,000 Rocking Sleepers; Four Additional Deaths After Recall
- NewCosplay Children’s Sleepwear (Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com)
- Selfie Craft Company's Children’s Pajama Sets
February 2023 Recalls:
- Amazon.com's Children’s Robes
- Betsy & Lace's Children’s Nightgowns
- Hatley USA's Headbands and Children’s Pajamas
- Children’s Nightgowns
- Kids Preferred's “My First” Disney-Character Figurines
- Skip Hop Recalls Silver Lining Cloud Activity Gyms
March 2023 Recalls:
- Primark's Children’s Bamboo Plates
- Patagonia Infant Capilene Midweight Base Layer Sets
- Epoch Everlasting Play Recalls All Calico Critters Animal Figures and Sets (Sold with Bottle and Pacifier Accessories)
April 2023 Recalls:
- Delta Enterprise Corp.'s 2-in-1 Outdoor Kids Swings
- Jetson Electric Bikes Recalls 42-Volt Rogue Self-Balancing Scooters/Hoverboards
- IKEA's BLAVINGAD Fishing Games
May 2023 Recalls:
June 2023 Recalls:
- Sound Around Recalls Children’s Multi-Purpose Helmets
- Zuru Recalls 7.5 Million Baby Shark and Mini Baby Shark Bath Toys With Hard Plastic Top Fins
July 2023 Recalls:
August 2023 Recalls:
- Maggie's Farm Recalls Aerosol Bed Bug & Flea Killer Cans
- The Simplay3 Company Recalls Toddler Towers
- Zipadee Kids Recalls Convertible House Bed Frames and Montessori Floor Beds
September 2023 Recalls:
Inclement Weather Policy
As a reminder, during inclement weather, our classrooms will continue to be staffed to accommodate children during our normal hours of operation, however, transportation may not be available.
To see if your center will have a change in its bus schedule, please listen to your local media stations for school district delays and cancellation updates, as this will only affect your child's transportation schedule.
❄️ If the local schools have a 2-hour delay or cancellation due to inclement weather, transportation will NOT be provided in the morning. However, if parents/guardians are able to bring their children to the center on days where there is only a 2-hour delay, CDC will transport them home at the end of the day.
❄️ Transportation will not be available in the morning or afternoon when schools are closed.
If we do need to close a center, this information will be posted in your center's Facebook group and in the Parent's Corner.