Welcome to the CDC Parent's Corner! Please click on a topic to read more about it!
Delays and Cancellations
Inclement Weather Policy
As a reminder, during inclement weather, our classrooms will continue to be staffed to accommodate children during our normal hours of operation, however, transportation may not be available.
To see if your center will have a change in its bus schedule, please listen to your local media stations for school district delays and cancellation updates, as this will only affect your child's transportation schedule.
❄️ If the local schools have a 2-hour delay or cancellation due to inclement weather, transportation will NOT be provided in the morning. However, if parents/guardians are able to bring their children to the center on days where there is only a 2-hour delay, CDC will transport them home at the end of the day.
❄️ Transportation will not be available in the morning or afternoon when schools are closed.
If we do need to close a center, this information will be posted in your center's Facebook group and in the Parent's Corner.
Click here to view our open positions!
Open positions for our new Roosevelt center include:
• Center Director
• Preschool Lead Teachers
• Preschool Assistant Teachers
• Infant/Toddler Teachers
• Family Engagement Specialist
• Food Service
If you would like to help us spread the word about what we do, please share your #CDCstory!
- Asbury CDC -
- Cascade CDC -
- Century CDC -
- Downtown CDC-
- Elk Valley CDC -
- Gilson CDC -
- Roosevelt CDC - (Coming soon!)
Please review this section throughout the year for other important dates.
Upcoming Events and Screenings
Head Start Families: Join us for free nutrition lessons and activities at your center!
Classes will be held at your center and will begin on:
- Cascade CDC: January 25, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
- Asbury CDC: January 26, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
- Elk Valley CDC: January 26, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
Don't forget to join your center's private group!
Download this month's menu!
View school calendars by county!
Head Start Parent Committee
This is a great way to get involved in your child’s education! Each of our Head Start locations has its own Parent Committee to help our team gain valuable feedback on the program.
These groups are exclusive to parents of currently enrolled children at each center and have three primary responsibilities:
- To advise staff on creating program policies, activities, and services.
- To plan and participate in programs and activities for parents and staff.
- To assist with the recruitment and screening of Head Start employees based on the guidelines created by our Board of Directors.
All parents of Head Start children are automatically eligible to join Parent Committee and there’s a role for everyone!
If you are interested in joining, please contact your Family Engagement Specialist today!
Please check this area for child-related product recalls. For a full list of recalls, you can visit cpsc.gov/Recalls.
November 2022 Recalls:
- Mockingbird Recalls Single to Double Strollers
- The William Carter Company Recalls Infants Yellow Footed Fleece Pajamas with Animal Graphic
- Children's Rainbow Stacking Toys
December 2022 Recalls:
January 2023 Recalls:
- Fisher-Price Reannounces Recall of 4.7 Million Rock ‘n Play Sleepers; At Least Eight Deaths Occurred After Recall
- Kids2 Reannounces Recall of 694,000 Rocking Sleepers; Four Additional Deaths After Recall
- NewCosplay Children’s Sleepwear (Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com)
- Selfie Craft Company's Children’s Pajama Sets