With a board-certified pediatrician, registered nurses and speech therapists on our staff, CDC offers a volume of services in support of our enrolled children’s health and well-being. Among them:
- Application of fluoride varnish to preschool children’s teeth to help strengthen and protect them from cavities and decay
- Welcome Days that include vision, hearing, physical, speech/language, developmental and behavioral health screenings
- Working with families to ensure that children obtain required immunizations
- Visits to CDC’s Head Start sites to provide speech therapy, compliance physicals and lead/hemoglobin testing
- Consultation with families about medications and other pediatric health care concerns
- Referrals to community health care and dental providers
Another recent initiative: to help protect children’s health, we require all CDC employees to obtain flu, Tdap (whooping cough) and MMR vaccinations as well as be CPR certified.